student visa changing course 2nd image
"Vision Consultants"

Seamless Course Change - for Student Visa Holders in Melbourne, Australia!

Student Visa Changing Course
Making the Right Choice: Navigating Course Changes for International Students in Australia.
Selecting the right institution and course as an international student in Australia can be a challenging decision. After arriving in Australia, you may realize that the institution or course you initially chose might not be the best fit for you.
It’s essential to understand that changing institutions or universities in Australia is a complex process, and without proper guidance, you could face missed opportunities, financial difficulties, or student visa complications. If you require a release letter and need assistance, contact Vision Consultants for expert guidance on changing your course student visa.
Here are a few points to ensure a smooth transition of change course in Australia:
In addition to the primary tasks mentioned in the above paragraphs, the Administrative Appeal Tribunal (AAT) holds the authority to conduct reviews on various departmental decisions, including:
1. Registering or refusing to register an individual or a migration agent.
2. Deregistering or refusing to deregister an individual or a migration agent.
3. Cancelling or suspending a person’s registration as a migration agent.
4. Access to information decisions made under the Freedom of Information Act 1982. For further details and updates, please visit
Student Visa Changing Course
Do your Research:

Step-by-Step Guide to Changing Your Course or University in Melbourne, Australia:

1. Research and Explore Options
Once you’ve made the decision to change your course or switch universities in Melbourne, it’s essential to conduct thorough research. Visit different university websites and consider factors like student facilities, support services, and overall student experience. A well-informed decision will benefit your academic journey in the long run.
You can also explore the list of Australia university courses and accredited education providers for international students on the official CRICOS website. If you need guidance in searching for courses and scholarships, consult our expert education counsellors and migration agents at Vision Consultants. We provide assistance without any fee for arranging offer letters and COEs.
2. Determine if You Need a Release Letter
After selecting a new university or provider, check if you require a release letter. Our team at Vision Consultants can help you obtain a release letter if necessary. In case you do need one, you’ll need to request it from your current institution.
During the process of changing providers, you might be eligible for a refund. Our team can also assist you in this aspect.
3. Review Your Visa Requirements and Conditions
Your Australian student visa comes with specific conditions that grant you the right to study, work, and live in Australia as an international student. Changing your course or institute also involves understanding and meeting your visa requirements. Common visa conditions include work restrictions (40 hours per fortnight), meeting course requirements, maintaining health insurance, and fulfilling education arrangements for school-age dependents.
4. Seek Guidance from Vision Consultants Australia
At Vision Consultants, our experienced education counsellors provide expert advice and guidance to international students. We are well-versed in the complex policies and procedures related to student recruitment and enrolment, making us the right choice to assist you. Additionally, we offer support for scholarships, helping you choose the best options available. When changing your course in Australia, count on Vision Consultants to ensure a smooth and hassle-free process.
When contemplating a change of course or university in Melbourne, take these essential questions into account:
Do you have to study at the same level when changing courses in Australia?
Yes, students under the SSVF (Simplified Student Visa Framework) are required to study at the same level or higher. If you wish to switch to a lower level course, such as from a bachelor’s degree to a diploma program, you will need to apply for a new student visa.

Will changing courses affect my student visa?
Yes, changing courses may affect your student visa. You must ensure that you continue to study at the same level or a higher level as per the Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) for which your visa was granted. If you intend to study at a lower level or switch universities, you will need to contact Vision Consultants to apply for a new student visa, as transferring to a lower level course can lead to a breach of your visa conditions.

Can you take a break from studying in Australia?

Generally, a gap between studies in Australia should not exceed two months, unless it is an end-of-term break, a default by the education provider, or if you have completed your current course and are applying for a new visa. If you plan to return to your home country, it is essential to inform your education provider and request a deferral. Make sure you have a new or revised Confirmation of Enrolment (COE) when re-entering Australia.

When can I change courses in Australia?
If you wish to change to a course at the same institution and at the same level, there is generally no specific waiting period. Different institutions may have varying policies, so it’s crucial to check with your specific education provider. In this case, you will not need a new visa unless your current one is due to expire.
However, if you want to switch to a different institution in Australia and need a change of provider, you typically need to have completed at least six months of your current course. If not, you will need to seek permission from your current institution and provide them with a letter of offer from the new institution. If successful, you will receive a letter of release.
If your request is unsuccessful, you have the option to appeal internally or to the State/Territory Ombudsman or the Overseas Student Ombudsman for a change of provider.
For more detailed information on how to change courses, you can seek guidance from education counsellors at Vision Consultants.

Still have questions related to switching universities?

Vision Consultants Australia is here to support you with your change of provider! Our team can help you select the best course based on your preferences and find the most suitable education provider to meet your needs. From arranging the best OSHC plan to finding suitable accommodation, we have you covered. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions! Contact us today at (03) 9939 0545 or send an email to
Still confused?

Scheduling An Appointment

Effortlessly Book Your Appointment: Streamline the process of scheduling your appointment with our convenient and user-friendly system.

Quick Enquiry Form